Performing Arts is an integral part of the curriculum, vision and mission at BBIS. We regard performing arts as paramount in developing problem-solving, creativity, higher-order thinking skills and perseverance, enhanced collaboration, communication and leadership skills, and a sense of community and cross-cultural understanding. The performing arts prepares students for success in school, work and life.
- Drama is a key element of our Literacy curriculum (CLPE) and is a powerful teaching tool across the curriculum.
- Dance is taught as part of our Physical Education lessons as well as stand-alone lessons, where appropriate or where links with other curriculum areas exist.
- Music takes place as part of class timetables and is taught by a specialist teacher.
- All children have the opportunity to take part in at least one performance for parents and/or the wider community during the school year.
- There is an established Choir, Band and Drama club available for children at BBIS.
- Private lessons in piano, drum kit, violin and guitar are available for children to participate in at the school.