At BBIS we believe in the importance of children expanding their learning in the great outdoors.
We deliver curriculum-based lessons on school grounds and in local areas. A variety of subjects, such as maths, art, and science, take place outside, in the natural environment.
Students take regular trips to the local forest, where they deepen their understanding, take risks, learn to be more resilient and think outside of the box.
BBIS has a beautiful community garden, where students take ownership and grow a selection of plants, fruits, and vegetables under the guidance of their teachers.
There are essential proven benefits of outdoor learning which include:
- Boosting academic performance
- Improving physical health and mental well-being
- Improving personal development
- Connecting us to nature
- Providing practical experience
- Improving behaviour
- Encouraging children to love and appreciate their natural surroundings